You will have no doubt seen in the media that the National Education Union (NEU) has announced national and regional strike action for teachers in England on the following dates-
· Wednesday 1st February 2023
· Wednesday 1st March 2023
· Wednesday 15th March 2023
· Thursday 16th March 2023.
I can confirm that school will be open as usual for all children on
Wednesday 15th March 2023.
Reminder….We are closed on THURSDAY 16TH MARCH for the emergency repair to the heating system – this is a forced closure.
We are proud to support this year’s Red Nose Day on Friday 17th March in support of Comic Relief.
· Due to the increase in prices, we did not order Red Noses this year. (They now cost £2.50 instead of the usual £1.) So instead, if you have face paints then paint your children’s noses red!
· Non-Uniform Day on Friday – wear red – will cost you £1
· Before Easter (when hopefully the weather is a little warmer) we will have our Red Nose Day Wet Sponge Bench. This is when the children will get chance to throw wet sponges and /or a bucket of water at their teachers.
More details to follow….
Thank you to all the parents who have paid their deposits.
The places have all been filled - we do have a wiating list if anyone decided not to go.
On Thursday 2nd March it is World Book Day and we will be celebrating the day in school with lots of book activities.
We would like to invite all the children in school to dress up.
We would like children to come dressed up as a favourite story book character, or as a word.
World book Day celebrates the joy and value of books and reading. To help get the children started on their reading journey, every child will receive a £1 World Book Day token.
Boggledy Books have quite kindly said they will use our tokens to provide a book for every child in school.
Discover more great reads with the ultimate list of reading recommendations at
Each class is also producing a class book – please see details and how to order on the flyer in the letters home section. These are discounted if you order before World Book Day itself.
Thank you for supporting World Book Day and we look forward to seeing your fantastic costumes!